Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Holy Ghost

THE HOLY GHOST

- The Savior taught here that the Holy Ghost is the Comforter and to receive the Holy Ghost the apostles of the Savior must love one another.

- Not only is the Holy Ghost a Comforter, He is also a teacher. He comes through peace and pondering upon things we have been taught.

-The Holy Ghost is also a testifier of Jesus Christ, when we share our testimonies with others He also testifies unto them.

-The Holy Ghost also works as a repellant of sin, judgment, and righteousness.

-The Holy Ghost is the spirit of truth, He glorifies the Father and the Son, and shows us the truthfulness of their church.

-The Holy Ghost essentially is the witness of the Father and the Son to those who earnestly seek to know them. He expounds our understanding, deepens our love of God and enhances the natural man and makes him more like the God he is meant to become. The holy Ghost brings man to his fullest potential.

The Holy Ghost help the apostles fulfill their missions after the Saviors Death and resurrection by testifying and touching the hearts of men on the earth at that time. He enhanced the apostles faith and power while teaching and preaching unto others.

The Holy Ghost has been my constant companion since I turned 8 and was baptized. The gift of the Holy Ghost has certainly been helpful and instructive to me the past 12 years of my life and I know that He will continue to be through my faith and worthiness until the end. There have been many times in my life when I was instructed and taught be the Holy Ghost. Or when I was led in a specific direction in life due to His subtle yet moving nudges. My faith has surely been strengthened by the Holy Ghost, each time I bear my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and of the life of the Savior I feel His loving arms around me, and I feel the Spirit witness to me once again the truthfulness of all that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment