Thursday, July 22, 2010

20 years old....need i say more?

OK so i turned 20 this month and so much stuff has happened already in my 20th year that i just feel so grown up and adult like. Day one of age 20...aka my birthday...the only good thing about it was the flowers i got from my brosky colin and the upbeat attitude of my father all day long. lets not forget to mention the fact that Kevin(aka pecks of justice) gave me an entire plateful of cookies and i ran into one of my old EFY counselors who said i looked "really good, i mean really good!" yeah he looked exactly the same. AND of course all the calls from my home girls, which pretty much made the day bearable....thanks girls!!! (jamie, alyssa, sierra, kitara, michelle....you know who you are!) and even though my new dress ripped, my camera broke, and some people said mean things to me...i think that my next brithday will most definitely be a step forward into happier and more joyful celebrating times.
Anyways so that was day one....day 9...lost my wallet in the most ghetto part of Salt Lake City. Needless to say the second i realized it was missing i made calls to the bank to shut out all my accounts, then to the police to report the 'incident', then to Dennys...the last place i saw it. yeah ill never see that wallet again. So today day 11 of age 20 i stood in line like a responsible adult and got a duplicate drivers license...i made sure not to smile in the new picture because i want to remember this experience....now it is forever in my life, on my file. then i forged on over to the bank and kicked butts and took names....closing accounts and terrorizing bank clerks...the main guy Billy was actually very nice! hahah
all the while i have realized that at age 20 i have finished only 1 1/2 years of college. i work a dead end job that makes me miserable on most days, i live paycheck to paycheck with little hope of that changing, and i am currently single. though after a date i had a day or so ago i find that to be a huge blessing in my life. some people.....not me of course...but some people just shouldnt be with other people. and this poor guy who i went on a date with is definitely not the one for me, but i couldnt say 'no' to his querry 'will you go out with me again' i wish when it came to men i had a backbone of steele....well i guess that i kind of do, but when it comes to rejecting them i dont want ot hurt them so i dont say no...bad choice. just reject them sista!!! oh well...such is life.
on to good news though~~!!!! not only am i traveling to the land of Kitara, Katrina, Elder Cardenaz, and GLEE, but i am also moving in with my bestest friend in the whole world this fall and i cant wait!!!! its going to be so great!!! BYUI without the I!!!! hahahahah anyway im going to send this out into the cosmic void so i can go to bed. good night dear void!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment